Who should apply?
- Generator Service Technicians
- Diesel or Industrial Engine Mechanics
- Heavy Equipment and Mobile Equipment Technicians
- Commercial and Industrial Electrical and Electronics Equipment Repairers
- HVACR Technicians
- Anyone with a strong Mechanical or Electrical aptitude
We provide training for individuals who possess the following skills and work habits:
- A desire to put in a full day’s work
- Honesty and integrity
- The ability to work safely
- Excellent customer-service skills
- A good driving record and able to pass a drug test
Founded in 1944, Curtis Engine is a highly-specialized provider of world-class power generation equipment and services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. We are a growing company and always looking for customer-service oriented, knowledgeable, intelligent, and ambitious sales engineers and generator field service technicians.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with talented people on exciting projects in a growing company. In addition to experienced professionals who may already be working in the electrical power generation equipment sales and service industry, we are looking for other hard-working candidates who may want to transition from another trade, such as diesel or industrial engine mechanics, heavy equipment service technicians, electrical or electronics repair, or HVAC maintenance, and into a mission-critical power generation career. We provide training for all employees and are willing to invest in anyone who is honest and hard-working. As such, we have job openings for all skill levels from an entry-level apprentice up through highly-specialized electrical controls work and combined heat and power (CHP) systems.
A Generator Field Service Technician repairs and services diesel and natural gas engine driven generator sets, electrical controls, and automatic transfer switches. This position involves troubleshooting and completing repairs on the entire system with customer contact throughout the process. Since this is a field service position, travel is required and a good driving record is a condition of employment. Some weekend hours and occasional overnight stays are required. The ability to work independently is required.
- Education – High School diploma or GED required; technical or vocational degree preferred; military experience with power generation equipment and/or factory certifications or training is helpful.
- Experience – 2+ years of diesel, electrical, or HVAC experience required; hands-on experience with electric generator sets and transfer switches is preferred; training on single and three phase electrical systems and paralleling switchgear is helpful. We will provide on-going training based on experience.
- Tools – Candidates must provide their own hand tools; test equipment and trade tools will be provided.
- Licenses – Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record; a company service vehicle will be provided; a CDL license is helpful.
- Other Skills – Must be self-motivated, resourceful, and able to respond to 24/7 emergencies when required. Strong interpersonal skills, appearance, and customer service skills are required. Some computer experience is preferred.
Curtis Engine is based in Baltimore, MD. However, our business extends throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. This is a field service role and we provide our technicians with a four-wheel drive service truck that they take home and use to travel to customer sites. We don’t require you to come to the office each day and you will set your own schedule based on what work needs to be performed. You can live almost anywhere in Maryland, Delaware, Eastern Pennsylvania, or Northern Virginia.
Pay and Benefits
We recognize that in order to maintain our growth and to keep up with increasingly complex generator systems and technical advances, we need to find, train, and retain motivated and happy employees. We know that finding good people is hard. So, we make every effort to provide competitive pay and benefits and to create a culture that attracts and retains power generation professionals. We provide “big company” service, but pride ourselves on a family oriented feel.
- Job Type – Full-Time Apprentice, Generator Service Technician, and Senior Generator Field Service Technician
- Salary - $17.00 to $35.00 per hour based on experience with overtime available and annual reviews
- Bonuses – Opportunities to earn bonuses for “going above and beyond”, referring new employees, and being a “team player”.
- Service Vehicle – Technicians get their own take home service truck, gas and credit cards, smartphone and tablet, and laptop.
- Flexible Schedule – Field Service Technicians maintain their own schedules and customer relationships with support from the office rather than being dispatched.
- Vacation – Three weeks of paid time off (after initial 90 day period) plus paid Holidays
- Health Benefits – Health, vision, and dental insurance are provided and other voluntary insurance benefits are available
- Retirement – 401(k) plan with company match
- Training – On-going training for all skill-levels including an apprenticeship program, manufacturer factory training, and specialized training for our trade
Curtis Engine is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is Curtis Engine’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
We are proud of our company’s commitment to the community, as well as our commitment to our employees. We have a strong history of hiring veterans; in fact, over half of our service team are former military servicemen or current reservists. We are always looking to hire experienced service technicians and sales engineers. If you are interested in employment opportunities with our company, please Contact us using the link below, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 410-536-1203.