Power Generation Equipment Sales/Application Engineer
Who should apply?
- Power generation equipment sales representatives
- Application engineers for onsite power generation projects
- Technical sales reps and sales engineers with experience selling industrial equipment
- Experienced outside sales professionals selling an engineered product to contractors (ideally electrical contractors), engineers, and/or commercial or government end-users.
- Entry level engineers with a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or designers with experience with mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering firms and projects.
We provide training and incentives for individuals who possess the following skills and work habits:
- A strong work ethic
- Honesty and integrity
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to develop trusted relationships with engineers and contractors
- Strong technical skills
- Detail oriented and able to work on multiple projects at the same time
Founded in 1944, Curtis Engine is a highly-specialized provider of world-class power generation equipment and services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. We are a growing company and always looking for customer-service oriented, knowledgeable, intelligent, and ambitious sales engineers and generator field service technicians.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with talented people on exciting projects in a growing company. In addition to experienced professionals who may already be working in the electrical power generation equipment sales and service industry, we are looking for other hard-working candidates who may want to transition from another technical sales profession, such as working for an equipment manufacturer or selling UPS systems, electrical supplies, or industrial equipment, and into a mission-critical power generation career. We provide training for all employees and are willing to invest in anyone who is honest and hard-working. As such, we have job openings for both entry-level inside sales representatives up through working with engineers to design complex backup power systems or integrate a wide range of power generation and storage technologies into an onsite power plant or microgrid.
A Power Generation Sales/Application Engineer sells commercial power generation equipment to contractors and end-users and works with consulting and specifying engineers and equipment manufacturers to design and integrate generators, electrical equipment, fuel systems, and other accessories into facilities that cannot be without power. This position involves direct communication with consulting engineers, electrical contractors, and suppliers to develop proposals and deliver projects on-time and on-budget. Our sales engineers manage the project from start to finish, from prospecting through collection of the billings. Developing strong relationships is critical and travelling to visit jobsites or customer locations is required. The ability to develop and meet schedules and communicate effectively is required.
- Education – High School diploma or GED required; degree in engineering or a technical field is preferred; a PE or advanced degree is not required.
- Experience – 2+ years of experience with power generation equipment and/or sales to the construction industry is preferred; experience selling engineered systems in an outside sales capacity is helpful; knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems is helpful. We will provide on-going training based on experience.
- Other Skills – Must be self-motivated, resourceful, and able to effectively initiate, expedite, and follow through on project tasks and customer requests to keep projects on schedule. Strong interpersonal skills, time management, problem solving, and customer service skills are required. Computer skills necessary to research, communicate, prepare quotes, and manage projects are required.
Curtis Engine is based in Baltimore, MD. However, our business extends throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. This is an outside sales role and you will be able to work from home or in the office as necessary. You will be required to visit customers in the field and have your own vehicle and valid driver’s license. We provide a car allowance and gas card. You can live almost anywhere in Maryland, Delaware or Northern Virginia.
Pay and Benefits
We recognize that in order to maintain our growth, we need to find, train, and retain motivated and happy employees. We know that finding good people is hard. So, we make every effort to provide competitive pay and benefits and to create a culture that attracts and retains power generation professionals. We provide “big company” benefits, but pride ourselves on a family oriented feel.
- Job Type – Full-Time Inside Sales Representative, Sales Engineer, Project Manager, or Application Specialist
- Salary - Base salary plus commissions.
- Commissions – Based on 10% of collected gross profit. Annual sales expectations of $750,000 to $5 million plus. Project sizes range from $25,000 to over $1 million.
- Bonuses – Opportunities to earn bonuses for “going above and beyond”, referring new employees, and being a “team player”.
- Car Allowance and Gas Card – Outside sales reps get a car allowance, gas and credit cards, smartphone, and laptop.
- Flexible Schedule – Outside sales reps maintain their own schedules and customer relationships with administrative and technical support from the office. We do not assign specific territories. Rather, you will develop relationships and work on projects across our service area that best fit your talents.
- Vacation – Three weeks of paid time off (after initial 90 day period) plus paid Holidays
- Health Benefits – Health, vision, and dental insurance are provided and other voluntary insurance benefits are available
- Retirement – 401(k) plan with company match
- Training – On-going training opportunities to learn about new products or enhance sales and business development skills.
Curtis Engine is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is Curtis Engine’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
We are proud of our company’s commitment to the community, as well as our commitment to our employees. We have a strong history of hiring veterans; in fact, over half of our service team are former military servicemen or current reservists. We are always looking to hire experienced service technicians and sales engineers. If you are interested in employment opportunities with our company, please Contact us using the link below, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 410-536-1203.