MTU Onsite Energy is excited to introduce enhancements to our PS-SPEC™ Power System Sizing and Specification Program
PS-SPEC is an all-inclusive software program for consulting engineers, contractors, and other professionals involved in the design, application load analysis and installation of generator sets.
MTU Onsite Energy has created a powerful new version of its PS-SPEC sizing software that now enables users to select generator sets for projects of any size and produce precise specifications. Available as a free download from the MTU Onsite Energy website, PS-SPEC is a complete generator sizing program with an intuitive graphic user interface and extensive step-by-step help files.
The new enhancements include:
- Enhanced Wye/Star Delta Selection: Within applicable sizing project loads, users can now select between open transitions and closed transitions. PS-SPEC sizing and rating calculations will be adjusted according to selection.
- Sizing & Rating Results Enhancement: The Sizing & Rating process will now differentiate between voltage and excitation on the generator set model results.
Custom Load Factor Percentage: Users can now assign a custom load factor percentage, within a range of 30% to 100%, to be used for the load factor check for a sizing project.
- Rectifier Default Values Changed to 12 Pulse: The default Variable Frequency Drive Starting Method is now 12 Pulse for Motor loads, AC loads, Fire Pump loads, and UPS loads
- PS-SPEC Sizing Report Enhancement: The number of recommended units for a sizing project are now called out in more places on the report when multiple units are recommended in order to meet project requirements.
- Additional MasterSpec Website Link: An additional website link that takes users directly to the Specification Builder template for gaseous model generator sets has been added.
If you are not already using PS-SPEC, the updated software is available at the MTU Onsite Energy website.
Important: You must be registered before you can download the PS-SPEC software. Be sure to register first if you have not done so already.